Syracuse University Teaching Assistant Orientation
Syllabus Design Workshop
Small Group #2 August 16, 2017
- Please check with CLASS and your department to ensure that you are including the required syallbi elements.
- Updated Academic Integrity Policy
- Course Specific Policies on the Use of Turnitin
- Religious Observance Policy
Religious Observances Notification and Policy
SU religious observances notification and policy, found at http://hendricks.syr.edu/spiritual-life/index.html, recognizes the diversity of faiths represented among the campus community and protects the rights of students, faculty, and staff to observe religious holidays according to their tradition. Under the policy, students are provided an opportunity to make up any examination, study, or work requirements that may be missed due to a religious observance provided they notify their instructors before the end of the second week of classes for regular session classes and by the submission deadline for flexibly formatted classes.
For fall and spring semesters, an online notification process is available for students in My Slice / StudentServices / Enrollment / MyReligiousObservances / Add a Notification. Instructors may access a list of their students who have submitted a notification in My Slice Faculty Center. [Enter course specific language as appropriate, about how and when academic requirements will be made up.]
- Student Academic Work Policy
Syllabus Required Statement on Disability-Related Accommodations
- Syllabus Statement Regarding Disability-Related Academic Adjustments (required)
- Optional Diversity and Disability Syllabus Statement: (in addition to the required syllabus statement)
This page is designed to point Syracuse University Teaching Assitants towards some of the relveant rescources to consider when doing course design. This list is by no means exhaustive and should not in any way be considered definitive.